i-Kno fully understand that you cannot just install and customise the product, we need to support and implement the product to let our clients gain the full potential of the product within their organisations. Because of this reason and our dedication to the product and our clients, we have employed the necessary skills to successfully implement such a solution. From knowledge managers and record managers to technical support, we have the necessary expertise to successfully deploy Alfresco within your organisation.
- Enterprise Content Management (ECM)
- Document Management
- Records Management
- Knowledge Management
- Web Content Management
The Benefits of Using Alfresco
- Intelligent Virtual File System – As simple to use as a shared drive through CIFS, WebDAV or FTP
- Google®-Like Search and Yahoo!®-Like Folder Browsing
- Aspect Oriented Rules Development through Simple-to-Use Wizards
- Rules and Actions Managed in the Server once for all Interfaces
- Pre-Configured Smart-Space Templates – Project Structure, Content, Logic, Lifecycles
- Forums – Threaded Discussions on Folders or Documents
- Simple Server Install and No Client Install
- Advanced Content Security Management
Advanced Search/Knowledge Management
- Sophisticated Content, Attribute, Location, Object Type and Multiple Taxonomy/Category Search
- Highly Scalable and Fault Tolerant Service Oriented Architecture
- Dramatically Lower Cost
The cost, complexity and lack of portal integration of traditional ECM systems prevent them being rolled out to the enterprise successfully. End users turn to the shared drive for simplicity. This causes content to go uncontrolled, unaudited and undiscovered.
“Open Source changes the whole cost profile of Enterprise Content Management”
“Blaine calculated that he'd need a document management system that could handle 1.2 terabytes of customer data a year. Since many of the documents needed to be held for compliance reasons for seven years, he'd need at least a 10-terabyte system”
Alfresco have integrated state-of-the-art open source and Java technology such as Spring, Hibernate, Lucene, MyFaces, JSR-168, JSR-170 and web services into a simple-to-use, extensible, Enterprise Content Management (ECM) system. The intelligent repository provides out-of-the-box portal integration and full content control with integrated document management, security, document status and workflow. This allows Alfresco to turn your file system into a simple to use, compliant, auditable repository.